Sport has created a huge impact on the lives of thousands of people. Not only in the professional sport industry, but in the fitness sector as well
In today’s competitive economic market, having a college education is more important than ever before. There are hundreds of possible avenues of study that can lead to many exciting careers. One of the hottest new careers is in the field of sports science. You too, can enjoy a rewarding career in this field by attending university in the United Kingdom.
Why study Sports Science in the United Kingdom?
The United Kingdom is a growing destination for international students desiring to study abroad, currently second only to the United States. Here are three reasons you should seriously consider studying in the UK:
- Due to its connections with the European Union, you can explore the continent very inexpensively.
- On average, tuition costs in the United Kingdom are 50% lower than in the United States
- Work opportunities in the UK often allow for students to work up to 20 hours a week.
- Of course, the most important reason to study in the UK is the high quality of the education. The United Kingdom is renowned for their many high-quality educational facilities, whose exceptional academic merits are recognized all over the world.
Eligibility for admission to study Sports Science in the United Kingdom
It is not difficult to obtain eligibility to study abroad in the UK. There are thousands of students from China, India, Malaysia and many other countries studying sports science and many other subjects in the UK. Individual eligibility requirements may differ from one university to another, so it is best to check with any institution you are interested in attending to find out their specific eligibility requirements.
Cost of studying Sports Science in the United Kingdom
Individual costs will vary from university to university; however, one exciting advantage that the United Kingdom has over the United States is the significantly lower cost of attending university. There are a number of universities that offer degree in one aspect of sports science or another:
- Writtle College – £10,700/year
- Teesside University – £10,450/year
- University of Bradford – £12,100/year
- University of East London – £10,700/year
- University of Kent – £15,380/year
- Liverpool John Moores University – £11,000/year
Each of these universities offer a degree in different areas of study; sports science represents a broad spectrum. Decide which area of expertise interests you the most and find out the individual eligibility requirements for the university.